New Mexico State slips by Boise State 95-92Feb 28, 2010 - 4:39 AM LAS CRUCES, N.M.(AP) -- Jonathan Gibson scored 24 points to lead New Mexico State to a 95-92 victory over Boise State on Saturday night.
The Aggies (19-9, 11-3 Western Athletic Conference) led by 20 with 12:18 to play, but Boise State (13-16, 3-11) nearly came all the way back before an Anthony Thomas 3-pointer at the buzzer fell short.
Boise State's Robert Arnold finished with 35 points, including a three-point play that pulled the Broncos to within five with 1:26 remaining. Arnold hit two free throws with 49.6 seconds left to get Boise State within two after a New Mexico State turnover, but the Broncos couldn't get any closer.
The Aggies extended a five-point halftime advantage to 68-48 with a 24-6 run in the first eight minutes of the second half.
Jahmar Young added 20 points, and Hernst Laroche and Hamidu Rahman each had 15 for New Mexico State.
- NCAA BB
BOISE ST 92
NEW MEXICO ST 95 FINAL
Feb 27 11:08 PM
- NCAA BB
BOISE ST 38
NEW MEXICO ST 43 HALFTIME
Feb 27 9:54 PM
- New Mexico State's Weir adds Henson as an Aggie adviser May 11
- New Mexico State, Wichita State to play makeup game Feb. 15 Jan 18
- New Mexico State pulls in OT, beats Robert Morris 81-71 Nov 25
- Boise State blows out Concordia (Ore.) 100-53 Nov 23
- Kansas gives Big 12 a lift with rout of New Mexico State Mar 20
- New Mexico State seeks upset of Kansas Mar 20
- Dayton holds home court, beats Boise State to advance Mar 19
- Flyers and Broncos meet in first round of NCAA Tournament Mar 18
- New Mexico State cruises past Seattle to win WAC Mar 15
- Aggies go for fourth straight WAC title against Seattle Mar 14
- Wyoming upsets Boise State in MWC semis Mar 14
- Cowboys hope to lasso Broncos in MWC semifinals Mar 13