Cal Poly-SLO upsets UC Santa Barbara 60-57Feb 28, 2010 - 5:51 AM SAN LUIS OBISPO, Calif.(AP) -- David Hanson sank two free throws with 5.5 seconds to play to clinch Cal Poly San Luis Obispo's 60-57 upset over conference leader UC Santa Barbara on Saturday night.
Hanson's free throws came after Jordan Lewis put in a layup with 30 seconds left to give the Mustangs (11-17, 7-8 Big West) a one-point lead.
Hanson finished with 11 points and 17 rebounds as the Mustangs took just their third win in their last 10 outings. Lewis finished with five points and six rebounds.
Charles Anderson led Cal Poly in scoring with 15 points while Shawn Lewis added 14 and Lorenzo Keeler had 12.
The Gauchos (17-9, 11-4) lead the Big West and have won nine of their last 10 games. UCSB's Orlando Johnson scored a game-high 21 points and made 3 of 5 shots from long distance.
- NCAA BB
UC SNTA BARBARA 57
CAL POLY 60 FINAL
Feb 27 11:55 PM
- NCAA BB
UC SNTA BARBARA 33
CAL POLY 27 HALFTIME
Feb 27 10:53 PM
- No. 8 Gonzaga tops Cal Poly Dec 21
- Bulldogs take on Mustangs in Battle in Seattle Dec 20
- Kansas handles challenge from UCSB Nov 15
- No. 5 Kansas lifts lid on season against UC Santa Barbara Nov 14
- Shockers crush Cal Poly, move to 35-0 Mar 22
- Shockers tip off tourney run against Mustangs Mar 21
- Cal Poly shuts down Texas Southern to advance in NCAA Tournament Mar 19
- Mustangs and Tigers duke it out for spot in field of 64 Mar 19
- Cal Poly clinches Big West, first NCAA berth Mar 16
- Big West championship game pits Mustangs against Matadors Mar 15
- UCLA takes care of UC Santa Barbara Dec 4
- Gauchos and Bruins mix it up in Golden State fracas Dec 3