Fairfield knocks off Niagara 80-74 in OTFeb 28, 2010 - 8:26 PM BRIDGEPORT, Conn.(AP) -- Anthony Johnson had 24 points and a career-high 23 rebounds to lead Fairfield to an 80-74 victory over Niagara on Sunday.
Sean Crawford added 25 points as the Stags (20-9, 13-5 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference) outscored Niagara 15-9 in OT to secure their first 20-win season since 1995-96. Fairfield also snapped a four-game winning streak for Niagara (17-14, 9-9).
Johnson had eight points and three rebounds in overtime, going 4-for-4 from the free throw line to help the Stags extend their lead from 75-72 with 29 seconds to play to the final margin.
He finished 6 of 12 from the field, 12 of 15 from the free throw line and had eight offensive rebounds to help Fairfield split the season series.
Shimeek Johnson scored 14 and Derek Needham 12 for Fairfield.
Bilal Benn, Tyrone Lewis and Demetrius Williamson had 15 points for Niagara. Benn had 13 rebounds.
- NCAA BB
FAIRFIELD 80 FINAL IN 1ST OT
Feb 28 2:33 PM
- NCAA BB
FAIRFIELD 29 HALFTIME
Feb 28 12:55 PM
- Niagara edges Marist 69-66 Jan 28
- No. 4 Duke reaches triple digits in rout of Fairfield Nov 15
- No. 4 Duke gets right back to work against Fairfield Nov 15
- Harrell lifts Louisville over Fairfield Nov 23
- Hall of Fame Tip Off pits Cardinals against Stags Nov 23
- Niagara names Casey new men's hoops coach Apr 22
- Cooley, No. 22 Notre Dame cruise past Niagara Dec 22
- Notre Dame puts perfect home mark on line against Niagara Dec 21
- Loyola-Maryland captures first MAAC title since '94 Mar 6
- Stags and Greyhounds meet for MAAC Tournament title Mar 5
- Connecticut shakes off Fairfield Dec 22
- No.8 Huskies host Stags in Hartford Dec 22