Waters, Portland State upend Weber State 84-79Feb 28, 2010 - 11:35 PM PORTLAND, Ore.(AP) -- Dominic Waters scored 28 points to lead Portland State to an 84-79 victory over Weber State on Sunday in the final Big Sky game of the regular season.
Jamie Jones had 21 points and eight rebound for the Vikings (12-17, 7-9 Big Sky, and Julius Thomas added 17 points.
Damian Lillard led the Wildcats (19-9, 13-3) with 21 points. Nick Hansen scored 18, Kyle Bullinger had 14 and Lindsey Hughey 12.
Portland State broke open a close game with a 15-0 run midway through the second half and led 62-47 after Waters connected on a 3-pointer with 9:29 to play.
Weber State got back into the game with three 3s from Lillard and cut the lead to 79-76 when Bullinger hit a short jumper with 1:11 remaining. The Vikings connected on 7-of-10 free throws in the final minutes to secure the victory over the conference's top team.
- Xavier pulls away from Weber State late for 71-53 win Mar 18
- Xavier opens tourney vs Weber St, hoping for deep run Mar 17
- No. 19 Oklahoma blows past Weber State Dec 22
- Oklahoma hoping to bounce back in bout with Weber State Dec 22
- Gordon helps Arizona get past Weber State Mar 21
- Weber State faces tall task in clash with No. 1 seed Arizona Mar 21
- Tresnak guides Weber State past North Dakota for Big Sky title Mar 16
- North Dakota takes on Weber State in Big Sky title game Mar 15
- Wildcats, Pirates play for CIT crown Apr 2
- Montana repeats as Big Sky champions Mar 17
- Weber State takes on Montana in Big Sky title game Mar 16
- Oklahoma State handles Portland State Nov 25