Texas Southern overwhelms Alabama A&M 98-57Mar 2, 2010 - 6:16 AM HOUSTON(AP) -- Travele Jones scored 21 points and had 10 rebounds as Texas Southern routed Alabama A&M 98-57 Monday night in its final home game of the season.
Abdallah Boune added 19 points and Junior Treasure 16 for the Tigers (13-15, 9-7 Southwestern Athletic Conference), who led by 25 at halftime.
Bo Amusa scored 12 points to lead the Bulldogs (10-14, 7-9), who hit only 16-of-52 field goals (30.8 percent).
Texas Southern put together a 17-4 run late in the first half for a 40-16 advantage with 4:52 left before intermission and went into the break up 49-24.
Alabama A&M opened the second half with a 20-6 run to pull to within 11 with 15:43 to play. The Tigers responded with a 15-2 run and led by at least 22 the rest of the game.
- Arizona cruises by Texas Southern Mar 19
- Arizona starts tournament play against Texas Southern Mar 19
- Texas Southern rallies late, wins SWAC title Mar 14
- Tigers, Jaguars meet in SWAC title clash Mar 14
- Texas Southern stuns No. 25 Michigan State in OT Dec 20
- Weary Tigers visit 25th-ranked Spartans Dec 20
- Gonzaga crushes Texas Southern Dec 16
- Tigers face uphill climb in clash with Bulldogs Dec 15
- Cal Poly shuts down Texas Southern to advance in NCAA Tournament Mar 19
- Mustangs and Tigers duke it out for spot in field of 64 Mar 19
- Texas Southern ends Prairie View's Cinderella run, wins SWAC Mar 15
- New Mexico opens with easy win over Alabama A&M Nov 10