Utah State easily defeats Fresno State 76-39Mar 2, 2010 - 4:25 AM LOGAN, Utah(AP) -- Tai Wesley scored 21 points and Utah State ran past Fresno State 76-39 Monday night to clinch a share of the Western Athletic Conference title.
Tyler Newbold added 12 points, all on 3-pointers for the Aggies (24-6, 13-2), who scored the game's first 22 points while winning their 14th straight.
Mike Ladd and Paul George each scored 12 for the Bulldogs (14-17, 6-9).
Utah State opened the second half with a 24-7 run, pushing its 40-14 halftime lead to 64-21, the largest lead of the game, with 9:05 to play. Fresno State got no closer than 33 the rest of the way.
The Aggies shot 55.4 percent from the field while the Bulldogs shot a season-low 22.2 percent. Their point total was also a season low.
Brian Green added 11 points and Nate Bendall 10 for Utah State.
- Utah State's Jalen Moore to submit name for NBA draft Mar 25
- Throwback centers featured in Denver's Midwest Regional Mar 16
- Utah State downs Union (Tenn.) 73-49 Nov 20
- Wyoming outlasts Fresno State in triple OT Jan 18
- Cowboys visit Bulldogs in pivotal Mountain West clash Jan 17
- Utah State coach Stew Morrill to retire at season's end Jan 9
- Siena downs Fresno State in CBI final Apr 5
- Bulldogs and Saints meet in CBI rubber match Apr 5
- Fresno State routs Siena, ties CBI Apr 2
- Siena seeks CBI crown in showdown with Fresno State Apr 2
- Saints and Bulldogs square off in CBI title series Mar 31
- New Mexico cruises past Fresno State Mar 14