Abrams leads East Carolina in rally past UCF 68-66Mar 3, 2010 - 2:28 AM ORLANDO, Fla.(AP) -- Jamar Abrams scored 17 of his 20 points in the second half and East Carolina rallied from a 14-point deficit in the final 13 minutes to defeat Central Florida 68-66 on Tuesday night.
The victory is only the second for the Pirates (10-19, 4-11 Conference USA) in 13 meetings with the Knights (13-16, 5-10).
Isaac Sosas 3-pointer with 5.6 seconds remaining brought UCF to within 68-66. East Carolina threw the ball away on the ensuing inbounds play, allowing the Knights the opportunity to tie.
But Taylor Youngs desperation 10-footer at the buzzer fell off the rim.
East Carolina trailed 51-38 with 12:49 remaining, but went on a 17-0 run as the Pirates held UCF without a field goal for 8:27. East Carolina, which shot 63 percent from the floor in the second half, led by as many as seven points in the final five minutes.
- NCAA BB
EAST CAROLINA 68
UCF 66 FINAL
Mar 2 8:53 PM
- NCAA BB
EAST CAROLINA 25
UCF 34 HALFTIME
Mar 2 7:49 PM
- UCF introduces Johnny Dawkins as new men's basketball coach Mar 24
- UCF hires Johnny Dawkins as next men's basketball coach Mar 23
- UCF fires coach Donnie Jones following loss in AAC tourney Mar 11
- UCF's Taylor to miss remainder of season with leg injury Dec 23
- NCAA clears UCF 7-foot-6 recruit Tacko Fall to play Nov 13
- UCF files for academic waiver for 7-6 recruit Tacko Fall Nov 12
- Eligibility of 7-foot-6 UCF recruit in doubt as season nears Nov 10
- No. 20 SMU beats ECU in American QFs Mar 13
- Pirates seek upset of Mustangs in AAC Tournament action Mar 13
- No. 12 UNC routs East Carolina Dec 7
- 12th-ranked Tar Heels set sights on Pirates Dec 7
- No. 13 Cincinnati sneaks past UCF Mar 14