South Florida edges DePaul 63-59Mar 3, 2010 - 3:03 AM ROSEMONT, Ill.(AP) -- Dominique Jones scored 20 points and made a go-ahead 3-pointer with 1:58 left to lead South Florida to a 63-59 victory over DePaul on Tuesday night.
Chris Howard scored 11 of his 13 points in the second half for South Florida (18-11, 8-9). The Bulls host Connecticut on Saturday with a chance of getting a first-round bye in next week's Big East tournament.
Mac Koshwal scored 24 points and had 11 rebounds for DePaul (8-21, 1-16), who has lost 44 of its last 47 Big East regular-season games. The Blue Demons led 27-22 at halftime but trailed 54-46 with 5:30 left before rallying. Will Walker added 16 points for DePaul.
- NCAA BB
SOUTH FLORIDA 63
DEPAUL 59 FINAL
Mar 2 9:32 PM
- NCAA BB
SOUTH FLORIDA 22
DEPAUL 27 HALFTIME
Mar 2 8:21 PM
- Podkowa helps No. 18 DePaul women top No. 15 Texas A&M 80-66 Dec 12
- Calipari, No. 1 Kentucky to meet former assistant Antigua Nov 26
- Leitao back as DePaul coach Mar 29
- Purnell resigns as DePaul head coach Mar 15
- Dunham, Butler top reeling DePaul Feb 28
- Big East brawl pits Bulldogs against Blue Demons Feb 28
- No. 22 Butler hangs on to beat DePaul Feb 7
- Bulldogs host Blue Demons in Big East brawl Feb 7
- Arcidiacono's strong second half lifts 'Nova past DePaul Jan 31
- DePaul entertains No. 7 Villanova Jan 31
- DePaul takes down Seton Hall Jan 23
- Pirates and Blue Demons meet in Big East brawl Jan 22