St. Bonaventure defeats Duquesne 92-80Mar 4, 2010 - 3:39 AM OLEAN, N.Y.(AP) -- Chris Matthews and Andrew Nicholson scored 21 points each to lead St. Bonaventure to its fourth straight win, 92-80 over Duquesne on Wednesday night.
The Bonnies (14-14, 7-8 Atlantic 10 Conference) have a one-game lead over the Dukes (15-14, 6-9) and George Washington in the conference, with one game apiece left. If St. Bonaventure holds on to finish eighth overall, it would host a first-round league tournament game.
Ogo Adegboye scored five points in an 11-0 run that put St. Bonaventure ahead 20-6 with 13:21 left in the first half. The Bonnies outshot Duquesne 56.0 percent (14-for-25) to 40.6 percent (13-for-32) in the half.
Duquesne got within 51-46 with 16:06 left, but St. Bonaventure rebuilt its lead to 67-54 with 11:55 left.
Michael Davenport added 17 points for the Bonnies.
Damien Saunders had 17 points and 13 rebounds, and Bill Clark 16 points, for Duquesne.
- NCAA BB
ST BONAVENTURE 92 FINAL
Mar 3 9:10 PM
- NCAA BB
ST BONAVENTURE 43 HALFTIME
Mar 3 7:54 PM
- Surprising St. Bonaventure nudges into NCAA Tournament talk Mar 10
- Duquesne overcomes poor shooting to beat Robert Morris 72-65 Dec 19
- Ferry gets extension at Duquesne Jun 30
- St. Bonaventure stuns VCU on buzzer-beater Feb 7
- Bonnies entertain 18th-ranked Rams Feb 7
- VCU holds on to down Duquesne Jan 18
- Dukes seek upset of 17th-ranked Rams Jan 17
- Gathers' buzzer-beater gives Bonnies upset of Saint Louis Mar 14
- Bonnies battle Billikens in A-10 tourney Mar 14
- Duquesne stuns Saint Louis Feb 28
- Billikens look forward to big night against visiting Dukes Feb 27
- Kloof helps Bonnies knock off Minutemen Jan 29