Stephen F. Austin holds off Central Arkansas 54-49Mar 4, 2010 - 3:56 AM CONWAY, Ark.(AP) -- Eddie Williams had 10 points and 12 rebounds Wednesday night and Stephen F. Austin clinched first place in the Southland Conference East Division with a 54-49 victory over Central Arkansas.
Jordan Glynn led the Lumberjacks (21-7, 11-4) with 12 points and Walt Harris added 10. Stephen F. Austin locked up the No. 2 seed in next week's Southland Conference tournament.
Tadre Sheppard led the Bears (8-21, 2-13) with 13 points. Jared Rehmel scored 12, all on 3-pointers.
Stephen F. Austin did most of its damage in the paint, outscoring Central Arkansas 30-10. The Bears made nine 3-pointers, four by Rehmel, but came up short.
A late 12-2 Central Arkansas run trimmed the Lumberjacks' lead to 50-49 with 20 seconds left, but Harris and Glynn each made a pair of free throws to seal the victory.
- NCAA BB
CENTRAL ARK 49 FINAL
Mar 3 10:05 PM
- NCAA BB
CENTRAL ARK 21 HALFTIME
Mar 3 8:54 PM
- Doing it all: Versatile Walkup, Stephen F. Austin face Irish Mar 19
- Pressure! West Virginia, Stephen F Austin match frenetic D Mar 17
- Poeltl helps Utah down Stephen F. Austin Mar 20
- Utes face Lumberjacks in second round Mar 19
- SFA tops SHSU to win Southland tourney again Mar 15
- Lumberjacks and Bearkats go for Southland championship Mar 14
- No. 21 Nebraska takes care of Central Arkansas Nov 19
- Bears hope to claw way past 21st-ranked Cornhuskers Nov 18
- UCLA tops Stephen F. Austin for Sweet 16 berth Mar 23
- Lumberjacks face tall task in clash with Bruins Mar 23
- Stephen F. Austin stuns VCU in overtime Mar 22
- Rams butt heads with Lumberjacks in tournament action Mar 21