Nicholls State beats Texas-Arlington 73-64Mar 4, 2010 - 3:50 AM ARLINGTON, Texas(AP) -- Anatoly Bose scored 26 points to lead Nicholls State to a 73-64 victory over Texas-Arlington Wednesday night.
The Colonels (10-18, 6-9) have won three of their last four to keep their hopes alive for the final spot in the Southland Conference tournament next week.
Nicholls State scored the first eight points and never trailed in the game. Bose scored 17 in the first half and the Colonels led 39-20 at the break.
The Mavericks (16-12, 8-7) had won nine of their last 10, but committed 22 turnovers in this one, leading to 27 Nicholls State points.
Marquez Haynes, the nation's third-leading scorer, led Texas-Arlington with 25 points. The Mavericks got within three points in the final 30 seconds, but Dominic Friend made four free throws for the Colonels to put the game out of reach. Friend finished with 13 points.
- Wisconsin crushes Nicholls Dec 13
- Colonels face tall task in clash with fifth-ranked Badgers Dec 13
- Longhorns fend off Texas-Arlington Dec 3
- Mavericks face tall task in meeting with Longhorns Dec 2
- No. 19 Michigan eases past Nicholls Nov 30
- Wolverines seek redemption in clash with visiting Colonels Nov 29
- No. 1 Kentucky routs UT-Arlington 92-44 Nov 26
- Mavericks face uphill climb in clash with top-ranked Wildcats Nov 25
- Memphis dominates Nicholls State Nov 23
- Colonels face uphill climb in clash with 11th-ranked Tigers Nov 23
- Young, Kentucky top UTA Nov 19
- Mavericks face uphill climb in clash with fourth-ranked Wildcats Nov 19