Fortenberry, SE Louisiana edge McNeese State 60-59Mar 4, 2010 - 4:16 AM HAMMOND, La.(AP) -- Brandon Fortenberry's layup with 2 seconds left gave Southeastern Louisiana a 60-59 win over McNeese State on Wednesday night after the Lions lost an 11-point second-half lead.
Trent Hutchin scored nine of his team-high 15 points to help the Lions (17-11, 9-6 Southland Conference) take a 42-31 lead with 13:13 left after leading 23-22 at halftime.
The Cowboys (10-19, 5-10) outscored the Lions 28-16 over the next 12:43 to lead 59-58 after Stephan Martin's two free throws with 30 seconds left.
The loss hurt McNeese State's chances for the eighth and final spot in next week's league tournament. With one regular-season game left, the Cowboys fell a game behind Nicholls State and are tied for ninth with Northwestern State and Lamar.
Fortenberry and Patrick Sullivan scored 13 points each for the Lions.
Martin had 15 points and Patrick Richard 13 for McNeese State.
- NCAA BB
MCNEESE ST 59
SE LOUISIANA 60 FINAL
Mar 3 10:29 PM
- NCAA BB
MCNEESE ST 22
SE LOUISIANA 23 HALFTIME
Mar 3 9:21 PM
- No. 9 Gonzaga takes down SELA Dec 3
- Lions hope to take down ninth-ranked Bulldogs Dec 2
- No. 19 Sooners rip through SE Louisiana Nov 16
- Sooners open season against visiting Lions Nov 16
- San Diego State blows past McNeese State Dec 22
- No. 24 San Diego State entertains McNeese State Dec 21
- Balanced attack sends Michigan State past McNeese State Nov 9
- No. 2 Michigan State opens against McNeese State Nov 8
- North Carolina routs McNeese State Dec 22
- McNeese State comes calling on No. 23 North Carolina Dec 22
- No. 8 Florida cruises past Southeastern Louisiana Dec 19
- Gators seek redemption in clash with visiting Lions Dec 19