Leonard, San Diego State down Colorado State 68-55Mar 4, 2010 - 5:42 AM SAN DIEGO(AP) -- Kawhi Leonard scored 14 points and picked off 15 rebounds as San Diego State beat Colorado State 68-55 on Wednesday night.
D.J. Gay added 16 points for the Aztecs (21-8, 10-5 Mountain West), who finished their home regular season 14-1.
The Aztecs led just 17-13 before a 16-6 run gave them a 33-19 lead at the half. Gay finished the surge with eight consecutive points.
Gay was 4 of 6 from 3-point territory, and he had four assists.
Andy Ogide led the Rams (15-14, 6-9) with 18 points and nine rebounds.
Ben Kneller, San Diego State's senior student manager, was cleared to play by the NCAA on Wednesday. He got into the game in the final minute and scored a free throw. He became the second student manager to dress for the Aztecs during coach Steve Fisher's 11 seasons.
- Playing in the Garden nice consolation prize for Aztecs Mar 25
- Fisher's Aztecs looking for 7th straight NCAA tourney berth Mar 9
- SDSU tops San Jose State 78-56 to clinch share of MWC title Feb 21
- San Diego St. 9-0 at halfway point of Mountain West schedule Feb 1
- San Diego State says basketball program cleared by NCAA Jan 5
- Colorado St. extends Eustachy, contract runs through 2019 Dec 8
- Hagins scores 14 as Little Rock stuns San Diego St. 49-43 Nov 21
- Cheatham brings 'good energy' to Fisher's Aztecs Nov 4
- It's now Steve Fisher Court at San Diego State Oct 29
- Duke crushes San Diego State to reach Sweet 16 Mar 22
- Blue Devils battle Aztecs in South Regional action Mar 22
- San Diego State holds off St. John's to advance Mar 21