Morgan State routs Coppin State 74-54Mar 5, 2010 - 4:21 AM BALTIMORE(AP) -- Reggie Holmes scored 36 points and Morgan State routed Coppin State 74-54 on Thursday night in both teams' regular-season finale.
Holmes, who set a school record with eight 3s against North Carolina A&T on March 1, was 7 of 11 from 3-point range for his sixth 30-point game of the season.
The Bears (24-9, 15-1 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference), open the conference tournament on March 10 as the No. 1 seed.
Kevin Thompson had 15 points and 21 rebounds, and Troy Smith added 10 points for the Bears, who have won four in a row and 16 of their past 18.
Morgan State opened the second half on a 10-0 run to grab a 43-28 lead, and a free throw by Thompson with 1:41 to play gave the Bears their biggest lead at 74-48.
Kareem Brown scored 18 points, and Sam Coleman and Vince Goldsberry each added 12 for the Eagles (8-21, 3-13), who have lost five of their past six.
- NCAA BB
COPPIN ST 54
MORGAN ST 74 FINAL
Mar 4 10:22 PM
- NCAA BB
COPPIN ST 28
MORGAN ST 33 HALFTIME
Mar 4 9:18 PM
- Mitchell out at Coppin State after 28 years Mar 28
- N.C. Central downs Morgan State in MEAC title game Mar 16
- Eagles and Bears clash in MEAC title tilt Mar 15
- Oregon cruises past Morgan State Dec 29
- Morgan State faces unenviable task of taking on No. 12 Oregon Dec 29
- Gonzaga cruises past Coppin State Dec 1
- No. 11 Gonzaga plays host to Coppin State Dec 1
- Irvin helps Michigan cruise past Coppin State Nov 29
- Wolverines set sights on Eagles Nov 29
- Smith powers Buckeyes past Morgan State Nov 9
- Bears battle Buckeyes in season opener Nov 9
- NC A&T wins MEAC Mar 16