Norfolk State edges North Carolina A&T 67-66Mar 5, 2010 - 4:38 AM GREENSBORO, N.C.(AP) -- Michael Deloach scored a career-high 37 points and Brandon Wheeless hit the game-winning free throws and had a key steal as Norfolk State rallied to beat North Carolina A&T 67-66 on Thursday night.
The Spartans (11-18, 9-7 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference) overcame a 21-point deficit to win the regular-season finale for both teams and split the season series. Deloach's 37 points were the most by a MEAC player this season and his fifth game over 30 this season.
The Aggies (10-21, 6-10) led 38-17 with 2:16 to go in the first half and 40-25 at the break.
Norfolk State tied it at 59 with 6:12 to go on a Deloach 3-pointer and the Spartans then were 8-for-8 from the free throw line.
With North Carolina A&T ahead 66-65, Wheeless hit two foul shots with 3 seconds left and stole the ball a second later.
Dwane Joshua and Nic Simpson led the Aggies with 13 points each.
- NCAA BB
NORFOLK ST 67
NC A&T 66 FINAL
Mar 4 10:22 PM
- NCAA BB
NORFOLK ST 25
NC A&T 40 HALFTIME
Mar 4 9:22 PM
- Veteran North Carolina aims to end where it starts: at No. 1 Nov 2
- O'Neale's hot shooting powers Baylor past Norfolk St. Dec 30
- Norfolk State hits road to test No, 22 Baylor Dec 30
- No. 12 Ohio State routs NC A&T Dec 17
- Hapless Aggies challenge mighty Buckeyes Dec 17
- No. 9 Virginia cruises past Norfolk State Nov 17
- Norfolk State pays visit to No. 9 Virginia Nov 16
- Evans leaving Norfolk State Apr 15
- Top-seeded Louisville cruises past N.C. A&T Mar 21
- Top-seeded Cardinals get tournament run underway against Aggies Mar 20
- Flame Out: NC A&T edges Liberty in Tourney opener Mar 19
- NCAA Tournament gets underway as Aggies take on Flames Mar 19