Warren leads Mississippi to 72-59 win over LSUMar 5, 2010 - 4:14 AM OXFORD, Miss.(AP) -- Chris Warren scored 22 points to lead Mississippi to a 72-59 win over LSU on Thursday night.
Warren led four players who scored in double figures for the Rebels (20-9, 8-7 Southeastern Conference). Zach Graham scored 16, Terrico White added 15 and Murphy Holloway had 12.
Warren hit all five of his 3-pointers during the first half, when he was perfect from behind the arc.
Bo Spencer scored 20 points to lead LSU (10-19, 1-14).
The game was tight for the first 35 minutes, and Ole Miss held a 58-55 lead with 6:34 left. But the Rebels closed on a 14-4 run.
The win gives Mississippi coach Andy Kennedy 20 wins for the third time in four seasons with the Rebels. Now Mississippi must win at Arkansas on Saturday to clinch a first-round bye in next week's SEC tournament.
LSU closes the regular season at home against Georgia on Saturday.
- NCAA BB
OLE MISS 72 FINAL
Mar 4 11:00 PM
- NCAA BB
OLE MISS 32 0:00 LEFT, 1ST HALF
Mar 4 9:50 PM
- LSU coach: Guard Tim Quarterman leaving for NBA draft Mar 28
- LSU freshman Ben Simmons announces he'll enter the NBA draft Mar 21
- LSU coach takes responsibility for disappointing season Mar 15
- LSU coach: Tigers won't play in any postseason tourneys Mar 13
- LSU says Ben Simmons ineligible for Wooden Award Mar 5
- Mississippi tries to hold off surging Mississippi State Mar 1
- Mississippi's Saiz returns from eye injury Feb 12
- Guard Stefan Moody lighting up SEC scoreboards for Ole Miss Jan 15
- Simmons confident LSU will raise game vs. tougher schedule Dec 28
- Fast start by LSU's Simmons compares well to recent greats Dec 4
- LSU hoping Simmons, Blakeney make Tigers an SEC power Oct 29
- LSU embracing hype, expectations, surrounding Simmons Oct 14