Houston Baptist keeps pace with 91-81 victoryMar 5, 2010 - 5:21 AM GRAND FORKS, N.D.(AP) -- Andrew Gonzalez and Wendell Preadom combined for 61 points Thursday as Houston Baptist kept its Great West Conference title hopes alive with a 91-81 victory over North Dakota.
The Huskies (10-19, 9-2 Great West) remained a half-game behind first-place South Dakota (17-9, 8-1) in the conference. The two teams will meet on Saturday with the regular-season title on the line. South Dakota also has a rescheduled game Sunday against NJIT.
Gonzalez had 31 points and 11 rebounds, while Preadom had 30 points Thursday for Houston Baptist, which won its fourth straight game. Mario Flaherty added 15 points as the trio accounted for 76 of the Huskies' 91 points. Only three other players scored for Houston Baptist.
Travis Bledsoe led North Dakota (8-21, 5-6) with 27 points. Nick Haugen added 15.
- NCAA BB
HOUSTON BAPTIST 91
NORTH DAKOTA 81 FINAL
Mar 4 11:18 PM
- NCAA BB
HOUSTON BAPTIST 39
NORTH DAKOTA 30 HALFTIME
Mar 4 10:14 PM
- North Dakota sells Fighting Sioux items to satisfy NCAA Feb 18
- North Dakota beats NAIA's Valley City State 80-59 Dec 17
- Youngstown St. tops N. Dakota 79-69 for Slocum's 700th win Nov 23
- Houston Baptist tops NCCAA Crowley's Ridge 102-62 Nov 16
- Tresnak guides Weber State past North Dakota for Big Sky title Mar 16
- North Dakota takes on Weber State in Big Sky title game Mar 15
- Michigan buries Houston Baptist Dec 7
- Huskies come calling on 22nd-ranked Wolverines Dec 7
- North Dakota comes calling on No. 14 Oregon Nov 30
- North Dakota tangles with No. 12 Wisconsin Nov 19
- Chicago State victorious in Great West Conference championship Mar 17
- Huskies, Cougars set for Great West title clash Mar 16