Pacific tops Cal St. Fullerton 70-64, finishes 2ndMar 5, 2010 - 6:26 AM FULLERTON, Calif.(AP) -- Sam Willard's double-double helped Pacific clinch the second seed in the Big West Conference tournament with a 70-64 victory over Cal State Fullerton on Thursday night.
Willard had 14 points and 12 rebounds for the Tigers (19-10, 11-4), who will follow UC Santa Barbara in the tournament seeding. Pat Eveland and Allen Huddleston scored 14 apiece, and Demetrece Young added 13.
Jer'Vaughn Johnson's 18 points led the Titans (15-13, 8-7), who have won seven of their last 10 games and can finish anywhere from third to sixth. Gerard Anderson added 16 points, Orane Chin 12 and Jacques Streeter 10.
Huddleston's jumper with 11:14 to play gave the Tigers a 49-48 edge, and they never trailed after that. Pacific had a 21-5 second-half run that created a 61-51 lead with about 4 minutes left.
Pacific leads the series 46-33 and has won the last four, including 80-73 on Jan. 21.
- Pacific hires Damon Stoudamire as new basketball coach Mar 16
- Suspended Pacific coach Ron Verlin leaves school Mar 3
- Coggins' 19 leads CS Fullerton past CS East Bay, 75-52 Jan 3
- Wiltjer's career-high 45 points guides Gonzaga past Pacific Feb 20
- No. 3 Gonzaga sets sights on WCC crown Feb 19
- Gonzaga routs Pacific Jan 24
- Tigers face uphill climb in clash with third-ranked Zags Jan 24
- Coggins transfers from Air Force to Cal State Fullerton Jul 30
- No. 24 Gonzaga handles Pacific Jan 5
- Pacific comes calling on No. 24 Gonzaga Jan 4
- Oregon tops Pacific Nov 29
- Oregon hosts Pacific in Global Sports Challenge Nov 29