Fields' 32 key Nevada over New Mexico State 100-92Mar 5, 2010 - 5:44 AM RENO, Nev.(AP) -- Brandon Fields scored a career-best 32 points to lead Nevada over New Mexico State 100-92 on Thursday night.
Luke Babbitt added 23 points for the Wolf Pack (18-11, 10-5 Western Athletic), including nine free throws down the stretch.
Jahmar Young scored 22 points and Jonathan Gibson and Troy Gillenwater 17 apiece for the Aggies (19-10, 11-4).
The Wolf Pack trailed 58-55 with 10:56 to play after a 3-point play by Gordo Castillo but rallied with a 25-8 run over the next five minutes to build an 80-66 lead with 4:50 left.
The Aggies pulled within 91-85 on a layup by Young but could get no closer as Joey Shaw, who finished with 15 points, hit a pair of free throws and Dario Hunt, who had 14 points, scored on a dunk to put the game away.
Wendell McKines had 13 points and 13 rebounds for New Mexico State.
- NCAA BB
NEW MEXICO ST 92
NEVADA 100 FINAL
Mar 5 12:06 AM
- NCAA BB
NEW MEXICO ST 41
NEVADA 41 HALFTIME
Mar 4 10:50 PM
- New Mexico State's Weir adds Henson as an Aggie adviser May 11
- AP Source: Former UNLV coach Dave Rice hired at Nevada Apr 25
- Nevada defends hire of Cal assistant accused of harassment Apr 15
- Nevada hires former Cal assistant Yann Hufnagel Apr 9
- New Mexico State, Wichita State to play makeup game Feb. 15 Jan 18
- West leaves Nevada hoops; ex-star cites personal reasons Dec 15
- New Mexico State pulls in OT, beats Robert Morris 81-71 Nov 25
- Nevada picks Eric Musselman as men's coach Mar 25
- Kansas gives Big 12 a lift with rout of New Mexico State Mar 20
- New Mexico State seeks upset of Kansas Mar 20
- New Mexico State cruises past Seattle to win WAC Mar 15
- Aggies go for fourth straight WAC title against Seattle Mar 14