Harvard edges Pennsylvania 67-66Mar 6, 2010 - 3:30 AM PHILADELPHIA(AP) -- Kyle Casey made two free throws with 12 seconds left to lift Harvard to a 67-66 victory over Penn on Friday night.
Jeremy Lin scored 19 points and the Crimson (21-6, 10-3 Ivy League) held Penn scoreless for the final 2:05 to win for the seventh time in eight games. Harvard swept the season series from the Quakers (5-21, 4-8), who have lost six of their past seven games.
Penn held a 66-62 lead when Harvard's Brandyn Curry hit a 3-pointer to cut the deficit to 66-65 with 1:52 remaining.
The Quakers missed a shot and had three turnovers and Harvard missed a shot and had a turnover before Casey was fouled.
Penn's Mike Howlett missed a jumper with 1 second left.
Christian Webster scored 11 points and Curry added 10 and nine assists for Harvard.
Rob Belcore, who hit five 3-pointers, scored 17 points, Zack Rosen had 15 and Dan Monckton added 14 for Penn.
- NCAA BB
PENN 66 FINAL
Mar 5 8:55 PM
- NCAA BB
PENN 31 HALFTIME
Mar 5 7:47 PM
- Highly rated recruiting class could boost Harvard basketball Dec 19
- Penn holds on to beat Robert Morris 76-75 Nov 13
- Harvard, Stanford to face off in 2016 hoops opener in China Nov 13
- Donahue tries to revitalize career, sagging program at Penn Nov 12
- Jackson's dunk helps UNC top Harvard Mar 20
- Tar Heels take aim at Crimson in second round Mar 19
- Penn names Steve Donahue men's hoops coach Mar 16
- Harvard edges Yale in thriller for Ivy League title Mar 15
- Penn coach Allen resigns Mar 9
- No. 5 Villanova pulls away to beat Penn Jan 17
- Penn faces tall task in clash with No. 5 Villanova Jan 17
- Virginia dominates Harvard Dec 21