Princeton defeats Dartmouth 71-43Mar 6, 2010 - 2:02 AM PRINCETON, N.J.(AP) -- Douglas Davis scored 15 points and Princeton defeated Dartmouth 71-43 on Friday night.
Patrick Saunders added 11 points for the Tigers (18-8, 9-3 Ivy League), who saw 12 of their players score. Princeton has won two games in a row after losing two straight.
The Tigers jumped out to a huge lead, as a 3-pointer from Dan Mavraides made the score 24-7 with 9:43 to play in the first half. Princeton led 39-20 at halftime.
In the first half, the Tigers shot 51.6 percent from the field (16-for-31), compared to only 30.4 percent for Dartmouth (7-for-23).
An 8-0 run in the second half gave Princeton its largest lead at 61-29 with 8:50 remaining.
R.J. Griffin paced the Big Green (5-22, 1-12) with nine points.
Dartmouth has lost four games in a row and is winless on the road this season.
- Princeton forward Hans Brase to miss basketball season Nov 15
- Southerland, Syracuse roll over Princeton Nov 21
- No. 6 Orange set to pounce on Tigers Nov 21
- Princeton continues home dominance of Harvard Feb 12
- 25th-ranked Crimson set sights on Tigers Feb 11
- Harvard opens Ivy League action with win over Dartmouth Jan 7
- No. 22 Harvard opens Ivy League action against Dartmouth Jan 7
- Kentucky escapes with last second win over Princeton Mar 17
- Princeton tops Harvard on last second basket, wins Ivy League Mar 12
- Jordan leads unbeaten UCF past Princeton Dec 30
- Duke begins title defense with rout of Princeton Nov 15
- Mitchell leads Saint Louis into CBI championship Mar 25