Pennsylvania knocks off Dartmouth 78-68Mar 7, 2010 - 2:43 AM PHILADELPHIA(AP) -- Jack Eggleston scored a career-high 25 points and had 11 rebounds to lead Pennsylvania to a 78-68 victory over Dartmouth on Saturday night.
Zack Rosen added 18 points and six assists and the Quakers (6-21, 5-8 Ivy League) shot 52.1 percent from the field (25 of 48) to win for the second time in nine games. Dartmouth (5-23, 1-13) finished the season on a five-game losing streak.
Penn led throughout, and by as many as 13 points, but Dartmouth cut the advantage to 70-64 on Mbiyimoh Ghogomu's layup with 1:11 to play.
The teams traded baskets before Penn hit four free throws for a 76-66 lead with 16 seconds remaining.
Eggleston was 9-for-11 from the line and the Quakers shot 81.5 percent (22 of 27). Dan Monckton scored 14 and Mike Howlett added 10 for Penn, which finishes its season at Princeton on March 9.
Ronnie Dixon scored 18 points and Robby Pride 17 for Dartmouth.
- Penn holds on to beat Robert Morris 76-75 Nov 13
- Donahue tries to revitalize career, sagging program at Penn Nov 12
- Penn names Steve Donahue men's hoops coach Mar 16
- Penn coach Allen resigns Mar 9
- No. 5 Villanova pulls away to beat Penn Jan 17
- Penn faces tall task in clash with No. 5 Villanova Jan 17
- Villanova pulls away from Penn in Big-5 clash Dec 5
- Red-hot Villanova hosts local rival Penn Dec 4
- Jones helps No. 17 Butler top Penn Jan 3
- No. 17 Butler plays host to Penn Jan 2
- Former NBA, college coach Dick Harter dies Mar 13
- No. 25 Harvard holds off Penn Feb 10