SE Louisiana defeats Northwestern State 86-77Mar 6, 2010 - 8:41 PM HAMMOND, La.(AP) -- Patrick Sullivan scored 24 points, grabbed 17 rebounds and had five blocks to lead Southeastern Louisiana past Northwestern State 86-77 on Saturday.
Sullivan was 10-for-10 from the free throw line 7 of 13 from the field in the regular season finale for both teams.
Trent Hutchin added 21 points, DeShawn Patterson 12 points and seven assists and Robert Tibbs and Gary Dixon chipped in 11 points each for the Lions (18-11, 10-6 Southland Conference). The Lions improved to 14-1 at home this season.
The Demons (10-19, 5-11), who had a 40-29 halftime advantage, led 70-67 with 5:46 remaining. Southeastern Louisiana then scored seven straight to lead for good. Patterson's jumper capped the spurt with 3:26 to play.
Will Pratt scored 21 points and Damon Jones added 15 for Northwestern State, which lost its fourth straight.
- NCAA BB
NORTHWESTERN ST 77
SE LOUISIANA 86 FINAL
Mar 6 3:16 PM
- NCAA BB
NORTHWESTERN ST 38
SE LOUISIANA 29 HALFTIME
Mar 6 1:59 PM
- No. 9 Gonzaga takes down SELA Dec 3
- Lions hope to take down ninth-ranked Bulldogs Dec 2
- Oklahoma dominates Northwestern State Nov 23
- Sooners return to action, hoping to exercise Demons Nov 23
- No. 19 Sooners rip through SE Louisiana Nov 16
- Sooners open season against visiting Lions Nov 16
- Baylor outlasts Northwestern State in OT Dec 19
- No. 12 Baylor battles Northwestern State Dec 18
- Memphis makes short work of Northwestern State Dec 7
- Demons seek upset of 16th-ranked Tigers Dec 7
- Florida powers past Northwestern State Mar 23
- Gators, Demons square off in South Region's second round Mar 21