Higgins helps Colorado beat Texas Tech 101-90Mar 6, 2010 - 11:28 PM BOULDER, Colo.(AP) -- Cory Higgins scored 30 points, Alec Burks added 24 and Colorado beat Texas Tech 101-90 on Saturday in the Big 12 regular season final for both teams.
Nick Okorie scored a career-high 34 points and Mike Singletary had 21 for Texas Tech, which has lost seven straight.
The win was Colorado's third straight and clinched the No. 8 seed in the Big 12 Tournament, where it will face No. 9 Texas Tech again on Wednesday. It marked Colorado's first three-game conference winning streak in seven years.
The Buffaloes (15-15, 6-10) used a 17-2 run early in the first half to blow open a close game. Led by Marcus Relphorde's 15 points, Colorado shot 59 percent in the first 20 minutes and led 53-35 at the break.
The Red Raiders (16-14, 4-12) trailed by double digits until Okorie's 3-pointer made it 88-79. Texas Tech got within eight in the final minutes but didn't get any closer.
- Chris Beard bolted UNLV to come 'home' to Texas Tech Apr 16
- Coach Chris Beard spurns UNLV for Texas Tech Apr 15
- Purvis spurs UConn comeback for 74-67 win over Colorado Mar 17
- Can UConn start another title run with an afterthought seed? Mar 16
- Smith leads 5th school to NCAAs as Texas Tech faces Butler Mar 16
- No. 11 Oregon State women grind out 61-47 win over Colorado Jan 24
- Anglin scores 20, Northern Colorado tops Montana State 78-76 Jan 16
- Boyle, Buffs look to rebound from disappointing season Oct 28
- Colorado Preview Capsule Oct 28
- Texas Tech at a glance Oct 28
- Texas Tech aims for turnaround after 2 losing seasons Oct 28
- Colorado's Xavier Johnson tears Achilles Jun 25