Willis leads UNLV over Wyoming, 74-56Mar 6, 2010 - 11:08 PM LAS VEGAS(AP) -- Tre'Von Willis scored 20 points to lead UNLV to a 74-56 victory over Wyoming on Saturday.
Willis had nine rebounds and shot 9 of 15 from the field.
UNLV (23-7, 11-5 Mountain West) is the No. 3 seed in next week's conference tournament. The Rebels play sixth-seeded Utah in the final game of the first round on Thursday night.
Chace Stanback had 13 points and nine rebounds for the Rebels.
Desmar Jackson led the Cowboys (10-20, 3-13) with 21 points, 16 in the second half. Djibril Thiam added 13 points and 13 rebounds, and Amath M'Baye had 13 points.
Wyoming, which has lost nine of its last 10 games, is the No. 8 seed in the tournament and faces No. 9 Air Force in the opening round on Wednesday afternoon.
- Menzies adds 3 more to UNLV recruiting class May 19
- UNLV's Menzies fills out staff with 3 hires May 5
- UNLV approves $3.75 million contract for Marvin Menzies Apr 22
- UNLV hires Menzies as basketball coach after Beard bolts Apr 17
- UNLV introduces Chris Beard as Runnin' Rebels coach Apr 8
- UNLV hires Little Rock's Chris Beard as next coach Mar 28
- Shyatt steps down as Wyoming coach; Edwards is new coach Mar 21
- UNLV freshman Jones Jr. ineligible for rest of the season Mar 2
- UNLV loses freshman center Zimmerman to sprained left knee Feb 8
- UNLV dismisses guard Daquan Cook from team Feb 5
- UNLV gets back to business with interim coach Jan 11
- Rice resigns as UNLV's coach in middle of fifth season Jan 10