Mitchell leads LSU over Georgia 50-48Mar 7, 2010 - 12:25 AM By BRETT MARTEL AP Sports Writer
BATON ROUGE, La.(AP) -- Bo Spencer's off-balance jumper with 19 seconds left helped LSU close out its regular season with only its second Southeastern Conference victory of the season, 50-48 over Georgia on Saturday.
Tasmin Mitchell scored 20 points and Spencer finished with 10 for LSU (11-19, 2-14), which won despite shooting only 31 percent (18-for-58) and being outrebounded 39-34.
Trey Thompkins scored 19 points and grabbed 16 rebounds for Georgia (13-16, 5-11), which had a chance to tie in the final seconds. Jeremy Price's turnaround jumper from the top of the key rattled out in the final seconds. Thompkins hustled inside for an offensive rebound and appeared to attempt a putback as time ran out, but it rattled out as well, allowing the Tigers to hold on.
- NCAA BB
LSU 50 FINAL
Mar 6 6:50 PM
- NCAA BB
LSU 20 HALFTIME
Mar 6 5:46 PM
- Georgia's Juwan Parker granted medical redshirt May 23
- Georgia signs forward Diatta as transfer from Southern Idaho Apr 20
- McGarity believes Georgia program still growing with Fox Mar 30
- LSU coach: Guard Tim Quarterman leaving for NBA draft Mar 28
- LSU freshman Ben Simmons announces he'll enter the NBA draft Mar 21
- LSU coach takes responsibility for disappointing season Mar 15
- LSU coach: Tigers won't play in any postseason tourneys Mar 13
- LSU says Ben Simmons ineligible for Wooden Award Mar 5
- J.J. Frazier keeps believing, keeps shooting for Georgia Mar 4
- Georgia bracing for road trips to LSU and No. 17 Baylor Jan 25
- Georgia looking for turnaround following ugly loss to Aggies Jan 19
- Georgia defeats Robert Morris 79-67 Dec 29