Wall, Montgomery lift Chicago St. past NJIT 81-75Mar 7, 2010 - 2:13 AM CHICAGO(AP) -- Christian Wall scored 22 points to lead Chicago State to an 81-75 victory over NJIT on Saturday.
Carl Montgomery added 20 points and Antonio Lofton 18 for the Cougars (9-22, 4-8 Great West Conference).
The Highlanders (9-19, 4-7) were led by Jheryl Wilson with 26 points, Chris Flores with 17 and Sammy Schickel with 11.
The Highlanders led 37-33 at halftime and were still leading 54-53 with 8:41 to go. But then Chicago State launched a 9-0 run to forge a lead it never relinquished. Montgomery scored four points during the run, Wall hit a 3-pointer and Lofton converted a basket.
NJIT played Thursday at Utah Valley and was scheduled to close the regular season Saturday in Chicago. However, due to a blizzard-caused postponement Feb. 13, the Highlanders were heading to South Dakota to play a makeup game Sunday.
- Brian Kennedy taking over as head basketball coach at NJIT Apr 13
- Chicago State pulls away from Trinity International, 81-69 Nov 21
- Lynn's 27 points leads NJIT late surge past USF Nov 16
- Villanova uses second-half charge to down upset-minded NJIT Dec 24
- NJIT faces tall task in clash with No. 7 Villanova Dec 23
- NJIT stuns No. 17 Michigan Dec 6
- NJIT faces uphill climb in clash with No. 17 Michigan Dec 6
- Chicago State victorious in Great West Conference championship Mar 17
- Huskies, Cougars set for Great West title clash Mar 16
- No. 10 Ohio State rolls past Chicago State Dec 29
- Chicago State comes calling on No. 10 Ohio State Dec 29
- North Dakota claims second straight Great West Conference title Mar 10