Princeton beats Harvard 54-51Mar 7, 2010 - 1:50 AM PRINCETON, N.J.(AP) -- Kareem Maddox scored 18 points as Princeton defeated Harvard 54-51 on Saturday night.
Maddox shot 10-for-11 from the free throw line for the Tigers (19-8, 10-3 Ivy League), who swept the season series after previously beating Harvard 56-53 on Feb. 5. Princeton has won three games in a row.
A 3-pointer from Harvard's Brandyn Curry put the Crimson ahead 51-50 with 1:15 left in the game. Princeton's Marcus Schroeder then made two free throws to give the Tigers a one-point lead, and Harvard's Jeremy Lin missed two layups in the following 40 seconds that would have put the score in the Crimson's favor. Schroeder then made two more free throws with 12 seconds left to secure the win.
Curry paced Harvard (21-7, 10-4) with 11 points. Lin, whose 16.6 points per game lead the Crimson, finished with eight points on 1-for-8 shooting.
- NCAA BB
PRINCETON 54 FINAL
Mar 6 7:54 PM
- NCAA BB
PRINCETON 20 HALFTIME
Mar 6 6:50 PM
- Highly rated recruiting class could boost Harvard basketball Dec 19
- Princeton forward Hans Brase to miss basketball season Nov 15
- Harvard, Stanford to face off in 2016 hoops opener in China Nov 13
- Jackson's dunk helps UNC top Harvard Mar 20
- Tar Heels take aim at Crimson in second round Mar 19
- Harvard edges Yale in thriller for Ivy League title Mar 15
- Virginia dominates Harvard Dec 21
- Harvard hits road to challenge No. 6 Virginia Dec 21
- Holy Cross shocks Harvard Nov 16
- Beantown brawl pits Crimson against Crusaders Nov 16
- Chambers, Saunders lead No. 25 Harvard past MIT Nov 15
- No. 25 Harvard hosts MIT in season lid lifter Nov 14