UC Irvine defeats Cal Poly 91-84 in overtimeMar 7, 2010 - 6:37 AM SAN LUIS OBISPO, Calif.(AP) -- Darren Moore scored 24 points and UC Irvine defeated Cal Poly San Luis Obispo 91-84 in overtime Saturday night to extend its season.
A loss would have eliminated the Anteaters (14-17, 6-10) from the Big West tournament. Instead they are the No. 7 seed and will face the sixth-seeded Mustangs (11-18, 7-9) in the first round Wednesday.
Irvine trailed by 10 with 5:01 left in regulation but rallied with four 3-pointers in the final 38 seconds, including one by Darren Moore with under a second left that tied the score at 74.
Cal Poly led 78-77 with 2:13 left in OT before the Anteaters ended the game on a 14-6 run.
Shawn Lewis led the Mustangs with 26 points and 10 rebounds. Lorenzo Keeler added 21 points, and David Hanson finished with 11 points and 10 rebounds.
Patrick Rembert scored 20 and Michael Hunter had 19 for Irvine.
- NCAA BB
UC IRVINE 91
CAL POLY 84 FINAL IN 1ST OT
Mar 7 12:31 AM
- NCAA BB
UC IRVINE 28
CAL POLY 33 HALFTIME
Mar 6 11:04 PM
- Louisville edges UC Irvine, avoids upset Mar 20
- Anteaters hope to sniff out victory against seasoned Cardinals Mar 20
- UC Irvine tops Hawaii to win Big West Mar 15
- Hawaii and Anteaters battle for Big West title Mar 14
- No. 8 Gonzaga tops Cal Poly Dec 21
- Bulldogs take on Mustangs in Battle in Seattle Dec 20
- Arizona runs away from UC Irvine Nov 20
- No. 2 Arizona plays host to UC Irvine Nov 19
- Shockers crush Cal Poly, move to 35-0 Mar 22
- Shockers tip off tourney run against Mustangs Mar 21
- Cal Poly shuts down Texas Southern to advance in NCAA Tournament Mar 19
- Mustangs and Tigers duke it out for spot in field of 64 Mar 19