Minnesota rolls over Iowa 88-53Mar 8, 2010 - 1:02 AM By JON KRAWCZYNSKI AP Sports Writer
MINNEAPOLIS(AP) -- Lawrence Westbrook scored 20 points and Damian Johnson had 10 points and a career-high 11 assists in what could be the seniors' final game at Williams Arena to lead Minnesota to a 88-53 victory over Iowa on Sunday.
Devoe Joseph added 17 points and Minnesota was 12-for-19 from 3-point range to bury the Hawkeyes.
Aaron Fuller scored 16 points for Iowa, which suffered its biggest loss of the season and lost nine of its last 11 to close out the Big Ten season.
The Gophers (18-12, 9-9) are the sixth seed and will face 11th-seeded Penn State in the first round of the Big Ten tournament.
The Hawkeyes (10-21, 4-14) are seeded ninth and will face eighth-seeded Michigan in the first round. Iowa lost the final two games of the regular season by a combined 62 points, including a 27-point loss at Wisconsin.
- Peter Jok to return to Iowa for senior season May 20
- Under-pressure Pitino: 'We've got to get this right' May 12
- Audit finds overspending on travel by Gophers' coach May 11
- Prosecutor delays charging decision against Minnesota player May 10
- Minnesota: Basketball player arrested on sex assault charge May 8
- Guard Akeem Springs joins Minnesota as graduate transfer Apr 19
- Iowa puts walk-on Nicholas Baer on scholarship Apr 7
- Minnesota guard to transfer after sex video suspension Apr 4
- Iowa guard Andrew Fleming to transfer Mar 31
- 3 Minnesota players suspended for video are reinstated Mar 29
- Iowa's promising season ends in disappointment Mar 21
- Villanova-Iowa bound to end a Sweet 16 drought, but just 1 Mar 19