St. Bonaventure beats Savannah State 79-47Dec 13, 2009 - 1:50 AM OLEAN, N.Y.(AP) -- Andrew Nicholson scored 18 points, leading four St. Bonaventure players in double figures in a 79-47 rout of Savannah State on Saturday night.
Malcolm Eleby and Jonathan Hall added 11 points apiece for the Bonnies (6-3), and Demitrius Conger chipped in with a career-high 10.
The Bonnies got going early and led the Tigers (4-6) by 13 points at the half. St. Bonaventure outscored Savannah State 44-25 in the second to seal the win.
St. Bonaventure, which also sank 27 free throws, shot 53.3 percent from the field (24-for-45) in the game compared to just a 34.7 mark (17-for-49) for the Tigers. The Bonnies were 4 of 9 from beyond the arc, while Savannah State hit just 2 of 12.
Tracy Rankins paced the Tigers with 11 points.
St. Bonaventure has held three opponents under 50 points already this season, a feat last accomplished by the 1981-82 team.
- Surprising St. Bonaventure nudges into NCAA Tournament talk Mar 10
- St. Bonaventure stuns VCU on buzzer-beater Feb 7
- Bonnies entertain 18th-ranked Rams Feb 7
- Hurricanes have easy time with Savannah State Dec 9
- Hurricanes hope to rebound in bout with visiting Tigers Dec 8
- Louisville destroys overmatched Savannah State Nov 24
- Cardinals expect to soar in clash with visiting Tigers Nov 24
- Gathers' buzzer-beater gives Bonnies upset of Saint Louis Mar 14
- Bonnies battle Billikens in A-10 tourney Mar 14
- Kloof helps Bonnies knock off Minutemen Jan 29
- Bonnies seek upset of 21st-ranked Minutemen Jan 29
- Saint Louis downs Bonnies for 10th straight win Jan 16