Camara leads Binghamton over Albany 62-57Jan 8, 2010 - 3:21 AM ALBANY, N.Y.(AP) -- Moussa Camara scored a career-high 24 points and Greer Wright had 11 points and 11 rebounds as Binghamton held off Albany (N.Y.) 62-57 in the America East Conference opener for both teams Thursday night.
Binghamton (6-10) took control with a 26-4 run in the first half, keyed by four 3-pointers by Camara, and led 36-25 at halftime.
The Great Danes (5-11) made a run in the final 2 minutes behind the 3-point shooting of Will Harris, who finished with 16 points. Harris' second 3-pointer cut the margin to five with 1:07 left and his 26-footer with 40 seconds to go closed the gap to 57-54.
The Bearcats, defending America East champions, hit 5 of 8 free throws in the final 34 seconds to seal the win.
Binghamton outrebounded Albany 41-28.
Freshman Mike Black had a career-high 18 points for the Great Danes, who dropped their conference opener for the third straight year.
- Stetson routs Albany State (Ga) 95-69 Dec 16
- Thomas leads Oklahoma past Albany Mar 21
- Albany challenges Oklahoma in East Regional action Mar 20
- Albany stuns Stony Brook to win third straight AEC crown Mar 14
- Stony Brook and Albany meet for AEC title Mar 14
- Florida clamps down on Albany to kick off NCAA sojourn Mar 20
- Gators get started with Great Danes Mar 20
- Great Danes and Mountaineers tip off NCAA Tournament action Mar 18
- Albany tops Stony Brook to repeat as America East champ Mar 15
- Albany and Stony Brook meet for America East crown Mar 15
- Fair, Cooney lead No. 4 Syracuse in rout of Binghamton Dec 7
- No. 4 Syracuse hosts Binghamton Dec 7