Boston U. beats New Hampshire 60-56Jan 8, 2010 - 4:26 AM DURHAM, N.H.(AP) -- Corey Lowe scored a season-high 28 points to lead Boston University to its first America East win of the season, a 60-56 victory over New Hampshire on Thursday night.
John Holland added 13 points and Carlos Strong had 11 for the Terriers (6-8, 1-1), who snapped a two-game skid.
The Terriers started the game with a 14-5 run capped by a free throw from Strong at 13:09. Lowe's jumper 4 minutes later pushed the lead to 21-11, but the Terriers managed just an eight point halftime lead.
Russell Graham pulled New Hampshire within 59-56 on a pair of free throws with 10 seconds left in the game, but Jake O'Brien hit a late foul shot to seal it for Boston U.
Boston U. scored 16 points off of 13 New Hampshire turnovers.
Dane DiLiegro posted a double-double, scoring 20 points and grabbing 16 rebounds for the Wildcats (5-7, 0-1).
- New Hampshire rolls over Worcester State 100-66 Dec 8
- No. 1 Kentucky pulls away in 2nd half against BU Nov 21
- Terriers face tall task in clash with top-ranked Wildcats Nov 21
- American takes down BU to win Patriot League crown Mar 12
- Eagles and Terriers meet for Patriot League crown Mar 12
- Marquette holds off New Hampshire Nov 22
- Golden Eagles seek redemption in clash with visiting Wildcats Nov 21
- No. 19 UConn cruises past Boston University Nov 17
- Terriers seek upset of 19th-ranked Huskies Nov 17
- No. 25 Harvard downs BU Dec 10
- Area rivals meet in clash between Crimson and Terriers Dec 10
- Jones leaves BC for BU Jun 23