Zeglinski 3 lifts Hartford over Binghamton 64-63Jan 22, 2010 - 2:26 AM HARTFORD, Conn.(AP) -- Joe Zeglinski scored 16 points and hit the game-winning 3-pointer to lift Hartford to a 64-63 win over Binghamton on Thursday night.
Trailing 61-51 with 4:52 left, the Hawks (5-15, 3-3 America East Conference) used a 10-point run, capped by a Zeglinski layup, to tie the game with 40 seconds to go.
After Greer Wright's layup put Binghamton up 63-61 with 23 seconds remaining, Zeglinski hit his 3 with 17 seconds left. Chretien Lukusa missed a potential game-winning layup with 3 seconds on the clock and Charles White rebounded for Hartford, which has won three of its last four games.
Binghamton (7-13, 2-3), the defending America East champ, has lost three of its last four.
Milton Burton and Joel Barkers added 13 points each for the Hawks.
Wright and Dylan Talley, who returned after missing five games with an upper leg injury, led the Bearcats with 17 each.
- No. 14 Notre Dame dismantles Hartford Dec 31
- Hartford seeks upset of No. 14 Notre Dame Dec 30
- Fair, Cooney lead No. 4 Syracuse in rout of Binghamton Dec 7
- No. 4 Syracuse hosts Binghamton Dec 7
- Louisville cruises past Hartford Nov 19
- Cardinals go in search of 20th straight win Nov 19
- Hartford's Gallagher gets four-year extension Sep 18
- Binghamton provides little resistance to No. 3 Michigan Dec 11
- No. 3 Wolverines take on Bearcats Dec 11
- Dempsey leaving Rider for Binghamton May 24
- Report: Dempsey leaving Rider for Binghamton May 22
- Macon out at Binghamton Apr 30