Binghamton knocks off Vermont 73-67Jan 24, 2010 - 10:52 PM VESTAL, N.Y.(AP) -- Greer Wright scored 30 points and had 10 rebounds to lead Binghamton to a 73-67 victory over Vermont on Sunday.
Wright was 10-for-15 from the field and the Bearcats (8-13, 3-3 America East Conference) were 10-for-12 from the line in the final 1:33 to defeat Vermont (14-7, 5-2) for the third straight time.
Mahamoud Jabbi added 14 points, 10 rebounds and four blocks for Binghamton. He was 4-for-4 from the line in the final 1:06 and had two blocks in the last 5 seconds.
The Bearcats were 19-for-25 from the line in the second half after going 5-for-10 in the first half.
Binghamton took a 28-20 halftime lead as Vermont shot 26.1 percent from the field (6-for-23) in the first half.
Moussa Camara added 14 points for Binghamton.
Maurice Joseph scored 29 points, Marqus Blakely had 14 points and 12 rebounds, and Joey Accaoui added 11 for Vermont.
- Vermont basketball player suspended for reselling textbooks Dec 24
- Fair, Cooney lead No. 4 Syracuse in rout of Binghamton Dec 7
- No. 4 Syracuse hosts Binghamton Dec 7
- Duke survives with late win over Vermont Nov 24
- Vermont comes calling on No. 6 Duke Nov 24
- Iati lifts Albany over Vermont in America East title game Mar 16
- Albany takes on Vermont in America East title tilt Mar 16
- Binghamton provides little resistance to No. 3 Michigan Dec 11
- No. 3 Wolverines take on Bearcats Dec 11
- Napier, UConn top Vermont Nov 13
- Vermont seeks upset of No. 23 UConn Nov 13
- Dempsey leaving Rider for Binghamton May 24