New Hampshire beats Vermont 75-56Jan 28, 2010 - 3:37 AM DURHAM, N.H.(AP) -- Tyrone Conley and Alvin Abreu each scored 21 points to lead New Hampshire to a 75-56 rout over Vermont on Wednesday night.
The Wildcats (8-10, 3-4 America East Conference) shot 45 percent (26-for-58) from the floor and made 11 3-pointers, avenging an 83-39 loss to Vermont in the teams' most recent matchup on Jan. 31, 2009.
Vermont (14-8, 5-3) trailed 36-31 with 16:14 left in the second half. But New Hampshire was able to pull away from that point, outscoring the Catamounts 18-9 over the next 10:05 to take a 54-40 lead.
Marqus Blakley led Vermont with 17 points, Evan Fjeld had 13 and Maurice Joseph added 10.
New Hampshire had a 19-7 advantage in assists against the Catamounts, who shot 41 percent from the field (19-for-46). The Wildcats also had 18 offensive rebounds compared to Vermont's 10.
- Vermont basketball player suspended for reselling textbooks Dec 24
- New Hampshire rolls over Worcester State 100-66 Dec 8
- Duke survives with late win over Vermont Nov 24
- Vermont comes calling on No. 6 Duke Nov 24
- Marquette holds off New Hampshire Nov 22
- Golden Eagles seek redemption in clash with visiting Wildcats Nov 21
- Iati lifts Albany over Vermont in America East title game Mar 16
- Albany takes on Vermont in America East title tilt Mar 16
- Napier, UConn top Vermont Nov 13
- Vermont seeks upset of No. 23 UConn Nov 13
- North Carolina rolls on without Henson, tops Vermont Mar 16
- Vermont goes for broke in NCAA tourney clash with North Carolina Mar 16