Maine defeats Binghamton 61-49Feb 6, 2010 - 9:02 PM ORONO, Maine(AP) -- Sean McNally had 15 points and 13 rebounds in Maine's 61-49 win over Binghamton on Saturday.
In a battle between the America East Conference's top field goal shooting team (Binghamton, 42.8 percent), and its second-best field goal percentage defensive team (Maine, 39.8 percent), the Black Bears held the Bearcats to 34 percent shooting (18 of 57).
Maine (15-8, 7-3) shot 43.5 percent in the second half (10 of 23), snapping a two-game skid.
Leading 25-22 at halftime, Maine went on a 14-7 run to open the second half. Murphy Burnatowski's 3 put the Black Bears ahead 39-29.
Binghamton (11-14, 6-4) pulled within 50-49 with 2:40 remaining, but went scoreless the rest of the way, missing four field goals and two free throws. The Bearcats snapped a four-game winning streak.
Mahamoud Jabbi scored 12 points for the Bearcats and Moussa Camara and Greer Wright had 11 apiece.
- Maine names Walsh men's basketball coach May 7
- Fair, Cooney lead No. 4 Syracuse in rout of Binghamton Dec 7
- No. 4 Syracuse hosts Binghamton Dec 7
- No. 12 Connecticut crushes Maine Dec 6
- Black Bears come calling on 12th-ranked Huskies Dec 6
- Binghamton provides little resistance to No. 3 Michigan Dec 11
- No. 3 Wolverines take on Bearcats Dec 11
- Dempsey leaving Rider for Binghamton May 24
- Report: Dempsey leaving Rider for Binghamton May 22
- Macon out at Binghamton Apr 30
- English, No. 21 Mizzou race past Binghamton Nov 27
- Winless Bearcats come calling on 21st-ranked Tigers Nov 27