Maryland-Baltimore County defeats Hartford 78-70Feb 12, 2010 - 3:10 AM HARTFORD, Conn.(AP) -- Chauncey Gilliam scored 26 points and Chris De La Rosa added 22 to lead Maryland-Baltimore County past Hartford 78-70 on Thursday night.
The Retreivers (3-22, 2-10 America East Conference) shot 42.5 percent from the field (17 of 40) and held the Hawks to 38.2 percent shooting (26 of 68).
Maryland-Baltimore County made 39 of 53 free throws (73.6 percent) as De La Rosa was 14 of 15 and Gilliam 11 of 14 from the foul line. The Retreivers, who snapped a two-game losing streak, made 75 percent of their foul shots in the second half (27 of 36).
Hartford starters Anthony Minor and Charles White both fouled out in 21 and 23 minutes, respectively.
Joe Zeglinski paced Hartford (7-17, 5-6) with 29 points, and Morgan Sabia added a double-double with 15 points and 11 rebounds.
The Hawks outrebounded the Retreivers 42-38 and scored 14 second-chance points.
- No. 14 Notre Dame dismantles Hartford Dec 31
- Hartford seeks upset of No. 14 Notre Dame Dec 30
- Louisville cruises past Hartford Nov 19
- Cardinals go in search of 20th straight win Nov 19
- Hartford's Gallagher gets four-year extension Sep 18
- UMBC's Monroe resigns Oct 10
- Hoosiers stay hot in rout of UMBC Dec 22
- High-flying Hoosiers entertain hapless Retrievers Dec 22
- Notre Dame steamrolls UMBC Dec 22
- Walker's triple-double guides UConn over UMBC Dec 3
- Leibovitz abruptly resigns as Hartford coach Apr 13
- Vermont routs Maryland-Baltimore County 76-59 Mar 6