Albany, N.Y. 75, UMBC 62Feb 14, 2010 - 2:58 AM BALTIMORE (AP) -- Scotty McRae came off the bench to score 21 points and Albany (N.Y.) defeated Maryland-Baltimore County 75-62 on Saturday night.
McRae made 7 of 9 field goal attempts and was good on all seven of his free throw tries. Tim Ambrose had 17 points and 10 rebounds, and Mike Black added 15 points for the Great Danes (7-21, 2-11 America East Conference), who snapped an eight-game losing streak.
It was the first win for the Great Danes since beating UMBC 76-79 on Jan. 16.
The Great Danes shot 52.9 percent (27-for-51 and outrebounded UMBC 44-32. Albany got 46 points from its bench compared to 13 for UMBC.
The Retrievers shot only 35.7 percent from the field (25-for-70), including 15 percent (3-for-20) from 3-point range.
Chris De La Rosa scored 19 points and Chauncey Gilliam added 15 for the Retrievers, who are winless at home this season.
- Stetson routs Albany State (Ga) 95-69 Dec 16
- Thomas leads Oklahoma past Albany Mar 21
- Albany challenges Oklahoma in East Regional action Mar 20
- Albany stuns Stony Brook to win third straight AEC crown Mar 14
- Stony Brook and Albany meet for AEC title Mar 14
- Florida clamps down on Albany to kick off NCAA sojourn Mar 20
- Gators get started with Great Danes Mar 20
- Great Danes and Mountaineers tip off NCAA Tournament action Mar 18
- Albany tops Stony Brook to repeat as America East champ Mar 15
- Albany and Stony Brook meet for America East crown Mar 15
- Albany extends Brown's contract Aug 29
- Duke fights off Albany Mar 22