O'Brien's 3 lifts Boston U past Hartford 58-55Feb 13, 2010 - 11:57 PM BOSTON(AP) -- Jake O'Brien made a 3-pointer with 7 seconds left and Boston University overcame a poor shooting effort to beat Hartford 58-55 on Saturday.
O'Brien had a double-double with 16 points and 14 rebounds - seven offensive - for Boston U. (14-12, 9-5 America East Conference). John Holland, who averaged 21.5 points in the previous two games, finished with 11 points and seven rebounds on 3-of-14 shooting.
Holland's two free throws broke a 52-52 tie with 1:41 to play for Boston U., which shot 27.9 percent from the floor (19-for-68) and 13 percent from long range (3-for-23).
The Hawks (7-18, 5-7), who shot 31.6 percent from the field (18-for-57), regained the lead at 55-54 with 1:28 left on Joe Zeglinski's 3-pointer. But O'Brien hit his only 3 of the game out of five attempts to lift Boston U. to the victory.
Joel Barkers led Hartford with 19 points and 13 rebounds.
- NCAA BB
BOSTON UNIV 58 FINAL
Feb 13 6:14 PM
- NCAA BB
BOSTON UNIV 25 HALFTIME
Feb 13 5:05 PM
- No. 14 Notre Dame dismantles Hartford Dec 31
- Hartford seeks upset of No. 14 Notre Dame Dec 30
- No. 1 Kentucky pulls away in 2nd half against BU Nov 21
- Terriers face tall task in clash with top-ranked Wildcats Nov 21
- American takes down BU to win Patriot League crown Mar 12
- Eagles and Terriers meet for Patriot League crown Mar 12
- Louisville cruises past Hartford Nov 19
- Cardinals go in search of 20th straight win Nov 19
- No. 19 UConn cruises past Boston University Nov 17
- Terriers seek upset of 19th-ranked Huskies Nov 17
- Hartford's Gallagher gets four-year extension Sep 18
- No. 25 Harvard downs BU Dec 10