New Hampshire 76, Vermont 85Feb 14, 2010 - 10:57 PM BURLINGTON, Vt. (AP) -- Marqus Blakely and Evan Fjeld scored 22 points each to lead Vermont to an 85-76 overtime victory over New Hampshire on Sunday.
The Catamounts (19-8, 10-3 America East Conference), who have won five straight games, outscored New Hampshire 21-12 in overtime and improved to 14-0 this season when scoring 70 or more points.
Vermont shot only 41.2 from the field (21 of 51), but went 40 of 55 from the line (72.7 percent), including 9-for-11 in overtime. Maurice Joseph, who scored 16 points, was 11-for-15 from the line, and Blakely was 10-for-13.
Four New Hampshire and three Vermont players fouled out.
Blakely had 10 points, three rebounds, an assist and a block in overtime.
Fjeld also had nine rebounds and Blakely finished with eight rebounds.
Alvin Abreu scored 25 points, Chandler Rhoads 16, Ferg Myrick 11 and Dane DiLiegro 10 for New Hampshire (10-14, 5-8).
- NCAA BB
NEW HAMPSHIRE 76
VERMONT 85 FINAL IN 1ST OT
Feb 14 4:45 PM
- NCAA BB
NEW HAMPSHIRE 29
VERMONT 31 HALFTIME
Feb 14 3:01 PM
- Vermont basketball player suspended for reselling textbooks Dec 24
- New Hampshire rolls over Worcester State 100-66 Dec 8
- Duke survives with late win over Vermont Nov 24
- Vermont comes calling on No. 6 Duke Nov 24
- Marquette holds off New Hampshire Nov 22
- Golden Eagles seek redemption in clash with visiting Wildcats Nov 21
- Iati lifts Albany over Vermont in America East title game Mar 16
- Albany takes on Vermont in America East title tilt Mar 16
- Napier, UConn top Vermont Nov 13
- Vermont seeks upset of No. 23 UConn Nov 13
- North Carolina rolls on without Henson, tops Vermont Mar 16
- Vermont goes for broke in NCAA tourney clash with North Carolina Mar 16