Boston U dominates Binghamton 93-51Feb 18, 2010 - 3:54 AM BOSTON(AP) -- Carlos Strong scored 23 points and John Holland added 20 to lead Boston University to a 93-51 rout over Binghamton on Wednesday night.
Tyler Morris finished with 18 points and a game-high five assists for the Terriers (15-12, 10-5 America East Conference). Jake O'Brien had a double-double with 15 points and 11 rebounds - six offensive.
Boston U, which never trailed, jumped out to a 12-2 lead on a 3-pointer by O'Brien. The Bearcats (11-17, 6-7) cut the Terriers' margin to three points on Kyrie Sutton's layup with 9:38 left in the first half.
But Binghamton, which has lost four in a row, would not pull any closer the rest of the game as Boston U went on to build a 19-point halftime lead. The Terriers scored the first nine points of the second half to take a 53-25 advantage.
Boston U took its largest lead of the game at 43 on Corey Lowe's 3-pointer with 1:47 to play.
- No. 1 Kentucky pulls away in 2nd half against BU Nov 21
- Terriers face tall task in clash with top-ranked Wildcats Nov 21
- American takes down BU to win Patriot League crown Mar 12
- Eagles and Terriers meet for Patriot League crown Mar 12
- Fair, Cooney lead No. 4 Syracuse in rout of Binghamton Dec 7
- No. 4 Syracuse hosts Binghamton Dec 7
- No. 19 UConn cruises past Boston University Nov 17
- Terriers seek upset of 19th-ranked Huskies Nov 17
- Binghamton provides little resistance to No. 3 Michigan Dec 11
- No. 3 Wolverines take on Bearcats Dec 11
- Dempsey leaving Rider for Binghamton May 24
- Report: Dempsey leaving Rider for Binghamton May 22