Maine rolls past Hartford 66-52Feb 21, 2010 - 10:00 PM ORONO, Maine(AP) -- Sean McNally had 16 points and 16 rebounds to lead Maine to a 66-52 victory over Hartford on Sunday.
Terrance Mitchell scored 15 points and Junior Bernal had 13 points, 10 rebounds and six assists as the Black Bears (18-9, 10-4 America East Conference) won for the fourth time in five games.
Maine swept the season series, defeating Hartford 77-69 on Jan. 23.
The Black Bears jumped out to a 24-14 lead on Mitchell's three-point play with 4:28 to play in the first half and increased their advantage to 30-16 on Mitchell's layup with 1:30 left.
Hartford (7-20, 5-9) pulled to within 50-42 on Ryan Baker's 3-pointer with 50-42 remaining, but Maine's Murphy Burnatowski's jumper pushed the lead to 57-43 with 2 minutes left.
Burnatowski added 10 points for Maine, which outrebounded Hartford 66-52.
Milton Burton led Hartford with career-high 23 points.
- No. 14 Notre Dame dismantles Hartford Dec 31
- Hartford seeks upset of No. 14 Notre Dame Dec 30
- Maine names Walsh men's basketball coach May 7
- No. 12 Connecticut crushes Maine Dec 6
- Black Bears come calling on 12th-ranked Huskies Dec 6
- Louisville cruises past Hartford Nov 19
- Cardinals go in search of 20th straight win Nov 19
- Hartford's Gallagher gets four-year extension Sep 18
- No. 4 Uconn uses strong second half to defeat Maine Nov 17
- No.4 UConn plays host to Maine Nov 17
- Leibovitz abruptly resigns as Hartford coach Apr 13
- New Hampshire beats Maine 68-57, moves on to semis Mar 6