Burnatowski's 20 leads Maine past Albany 66-53Feb 25, 2010 - 4:25 AM ORONO, Maine(AP) -- Murphy Burnatowski scored a career-high 20 points and Maine defeated Albany 66-53 on Wednesday night, winning its fifth out of the last six.
The Black Bears (19-9, 11-4 America East Conference) shot 37.2 percent in the first half (13 of 35) and trailed 14-5 early.
Albany, however, shot 26.7 percent in the second half (8 of 30) and was outscored 31-22.
The Black Bears opened the second half on a 14-5 run, with Burnatowski and Gerald McLemore scoring five points each. Junior Bernal's layup capped the spurt for a 49-36 lead with 13:02 left.
Maine then went on a 13-6 run over the next 7 minutes and led 62-42 on Gerald McLemore's 3 with 6:03 remaining to seal the win.
McLemore finished with 13 points and Bernal 10 for the Black Bears.
Logan Aronhalt led the Great Danes (7-23, 2-13) with 15 points and Fran Urli added 11.
- Stetson routs Albany State (Ga) 95-69 Dec 16
- Thomas leads Oklahoma past Albany Mar 21
- Albany challenges Oklahoma in East Regional action Mar 20
- Albany stuns Stony Brook to win third straight AEC crown Mar 14
- Stony Brook and Albany meet for AEC title Mar 14
- Maine names Walsh men's basketball coach May 7
- Florida clamps down on Albany to kick off NCAA sojourn Mar 20
- Gators get started with Great Danes Mar 20
- Great Danes and Mountaineers tip off NCAA Tournament action Mar 18
- Albany tops Stony Brook to repeat as America East champ Mar 15
- Albany and Stony Brook meet for America East crown Mar 15
- No. 12 Connecticut crushes Maine Dec 6