Holland leads Boston U. to 76-56 win over MaineFeb 27, 2010 - 10:59 PM BOSTON(AP) -- John Holland scored 23 points to lead five Boston University players in double figures as the Terriers defeated Maine 76-56 on Saturday.
The Terriers (17-12, 11-5 America East Conference), who have won four straight and six of their past seven, never trailed and led by 20 in the first half.
Boston U., the No. 4 seed in the America East tournament, will begin play on March 6 against No. 5 seed Binghamton.
The Black Bears (19-10, 11-5), who saw their three-game winning streak snapped, used a 10-2 run at the end of the first half to pull within 36-24, but Boston U. opened the second half with two 3-pointers. The Terriers, who were 11-for-28 from beyond the arc, had their biggest lead at 61-35 with 11:23 left.
Tyler Morris scored 12 points, Corey Lowe and Carlos Strong had 11 each and Jake O'Brien added 10 for Boston U.
Gerald McLemore led Maine with 15 points.
- No. 1 Kentucky pulls away in 2nd half against BU Nov 21
- Terriers face tall task in clash with top-ranked Wildcats Nov 21
- Maine names Walsh men's basketball coach May 7
- American takes down BU to win Patriot League crown Mar 12
- Eagles and Terriers meet for Patriot League crown Mar 12
- No. 12 Connecticut crushes Maine Dec 6
- Black Bears come calling on 12th-ranked Huskies Dec 6
- No. 19 UConn cruises past Boston University Nov 17
- Terriers seek upset of 19th-ranked Huskies Nov 17
- No. 25 Harvard downs BU Dec 10
- Area rivals meet in clash between Crimson and Terriers Dec 10
- No. 4 Uconn uses strong second half to defeat Maine Nov 17