Hartford edges Albany 85-79 in OTMar 1, 2010 - 12:42 AM WEST HARTFORD, Conn.(AP) -- Milton Burton scored a career-high 24 points to lead Hartford to an 85-79 victory over Albany (N.Y.) on Sunday, snapping the Hawks' five-game losing streak.
Joe Zeglinski and Morgan Sabia scored 19 points each for Hartford (8-21, 6-10 America East Conference), which earned the sixth seed for the conference tournament.
Burton's 3-pointer gave Hartford an 81-75 lead with 43 seconds to play and the Hawks hit four free throws to seal the victory.
Hartford's Anthony Minor, who finished with 11 points, hit two free throws to tie the score at 72 with 9 seconds left, forcing overtime.
Zeglinski hit five of Hartford's 13 3-pointers, Sabia had four and the Hawks were 16-for-20 from the free throw line (80 percent).
Will Harris scored 26 points, Logan Aronhalt had 18, Mike Black 14 and Fran Urli 12 for Albany (7-24, 2-14), which lost 11 of its final 12 road games.
- NCAA BB
HARTFORD 85 FINAL IN 1ST OT
Feb 28 6:17 PM
- NCAA BB
HARTFORD 43 HALFTIME
Feb 28 4:54 PM
- Stetson routs Albany State (Ga) 95-69 Dec 16
- Thomas leads Oklahoma past Albany Mar 21
- Albany challenges Oklahoma in East Regional action Mar 20
- Albany stuns Stony Brook to win third straight AEC crown Mar 14
- Stony Brook and Albany meet for AEC title Mar 14
- No. 14 Notre Dame dismantles Hartford Dec 31
- Hartford seeks upset of No. 14 Notre Dame Dec 30
- Florida clamps down on Albany to kick off NCAA sojourn Mar 20
- Gators get started with Great Danes Mar 20
- Great Danes and Mountaineers tip off NCAA Tournament action Mar 18
- Albany tops Stony Brook to repeat as America East champ Mar 15
- Albany and Stony Brook meet for America East crown Mar 15