Army defeats Colgate 63-49Feb 7, 2010 - 8:01 PM WEST POINT, N.Y.(AP) -- Cleveland Richard scored 17 points to lead Army to a 63-49 victory over Colgate on Sunday.
Julian Simmons added 14 points as the Black Knights (13-9, 3-5 Patriot League) broke a three-game losing streak and gained a split in the season series with Colgate (6-16, 2-6).
Army pulled away by outscoring Colgate 19-5 to open the second half. The score was tied at 29 at halftime, but the Black Knights took a 37-30 lead on Chris Walker's layup with 15:06 to play and extended the margin to 42-32 on Richard's 3-pointer with 13:37 left.
Richard's two free throws gave Army a 48-34 advantage with 9:50 remaining and he hit another 3 for a 53-38 lead with 6:37 to play.
Fifteen players saw action for Army.
Kyle Roemer scored 17 points, Yaw Gyawu added 13 and Ben Jonson had 10 for Colgate, which shot 32 percent from the field (8-for-25) in the second half.
- Ohio State pulls away from Colgate Dec 7
- Buckeyes seek redemption in bout with visiting Raiders Dec 6
- Okafor, No. 4 Duke beat Army Nov 30
- No. 4 Duke plays host to Army Nov 30
- No. 9 Orange cruise past Colgate Nov 16
- Raiders seek upset of ninth-ranked Orange Nov 16
- Army extends contracts of Spiker, Magarity Aug 20
- Syracuse crushes Colgate again Nov 25
- Colgate seeks first win over Syracuse in half a century Nov 25
- Syracuse wins in midst of Fine allegations Nov 19
- Colgate comes calling on No. 5 Syracuse Nov 19
- Brust leads Wisconsin in rout of Colgate Nov 16