McKillop lifts Davidson over UNC Greensboro 60-56Feb 25, 2010 - 3:39 AM DAVIDSON, N.C.(AP) -- Brendan McKillop's 3-pointer broke a tie with 27.7 seconds left and Davidson held off North Carolina-Greensboro 60-56 on Wednesday night.
The Wildcats (15-14, 10-7 Southern Conference) led 56-52 with 3:29 left after another McKillop 3-pointer. The Spartans (6-22, 5-12) cut it to 56-54 on a basket by Kendall Toney, then tied it with 56 seconds left after a steal and layup by Kyle Randall.
UNC Greensboro led by seven points, 46-39, with 11:19 left in the second half after an 18-5 run that included seven points by Randall.
Toney scored 16 points, Randall 15 and Brian Cole 14 to lead the Spartans on a night when Ben Stywall was plagued by foul trouble. Stywall, who was averaging 14.4 points and 10.6 rebounds, was held to one point and three rebounds in 18 minutes.
J.P. Kuhlman scored 14 points and Jake Cohen 13 for Davidson, which hit 11 3-point baskets and nine 2-pointers.
- NCAA BB
UNC GREENSBORO 56
DAVIDSON 60 FINAL
Feb 24 8:57 PM
- NCAA BB
UNC GREENSBORO 26
DAVIDSON 32 HALFTIME
Feb 24 7:56 PM
- White dominates as Iowa downs Davidson Mar 21
- South Region pits Hawkeyes against Wildcats Mar 20
- VCU beats Davidson to reach A-10 title game Mar 14
- Rams and Wildcats collide in A-10 bout Mar 14
- No. 24 Davidson beats La Salle at buzzer Mar 13
- Explorers seek upset of Wildcats in A-10 Tournament Mar 13
- Davidson hands No. 22 Dayton first A-10 loss Jan 20
- Davidson hosts No. 22 Dayton Jan 20
- VCU holds off Davidson Jan 8
- Rams butt heads with Wildcats in A-10 matchup Jan 7
- UVa shakes off slow start, downs Davidson Dec 30
- Wildcats come calling on third-ranked Cavaliers Dec 30