Weber State beats out Montana State 75-62Jan 1, 2010 - 12:20 AM OGDEN, Utah(AP) -- Kyle Bullinger scored 20 points, while Franklin Session added 10 points and 10 rebounds as Weber State defeated Montana State 75-62 on Thursday.
Nick Hansen scored 15 points for the Wildcats (8-6, 2-0 Big Sky), who shot 9-of-10 from the free-throw line in the final 1:21. Steve Panos added 14.
Marquis Navarre led the Bobcats (7-6, 2-1) with 14 points, while Bobby Howard and Danny Piepoli each had 13.
MSU went on a 10-2 run late in the first half to take a 36-35 lead with Will Bynum hitting a pair of 3-pointers during the stretch.
But a pair of free throws with 52 seconds left in the period gave WSU a 37-36 lead at intermission. It was just the second time this season the Wildcats led at halftime.
- Xavier pulls away from Weber State late for 71-53 win Mar 18
- Xavier opens tourney vs Weber St, hoping for deep run Mar 17
- No. 19 Oklahoma blows past Weber State Dec 22
- Oklahoma hoping to bounce back in bout with Weber State Dec 22
- Kentucky crushes Montana St. Nov 23
- Top-ranked Kentucky continues run against Montana State Nov 23
- Gordon helps Arizona get past Weber State Mar 21
- Weber State faces tall task in clash with No. 1 seed Arizona Mar 21
- Tresnak guides Weber State past North Dakota for Big Sky title Mar 16
- North Dakota takes on Weber State in Big Sky title game Mar 15
- Wildcats, Pirates play for CIT crown Apr 2
- Montana repeats as Big Sky champions Mar 17