Auburn rolls past West Georgia 96-72Jan 6, 2010 - 3:19 AM AUBURN, Ala.(AP) -- DeWayne Reed scored 20 points to lead Auburn to a 96-72 victory against Division II West Georgia on Tuesday night.
Frankie Sullivan scored 17 points and Tay Waller added 16 for Auburn (9-6), which shot 52 percent from the field (37-for-71) and outrebounded the Wolves 40-29.
Waller was 4-for-7 on 3-point attempts in the first half to give the Tigers a 45-33 halftime lead. He had 14 points at the break.
An 18-2 run late in the second half allowed Auburn's reserves a chance to finish the game.
John Pringle led West Georgia (7-7) with 18 points and Vojin Svilar, Gavin Field and Deion Sims added 12 apiece.
- Auburn players Shamsid-Deen, Reed won't return next season May 6
- Pearl: Auburn's Kareem Canty leaves team, school to turn pro Feb 12
- Auburn will be without leading scorer against Tennessee Feb 8
- Auburn top scorer Kareem Canty suspended indefinitely Feb 6
- Pearl: Auburn's Cinmeon Bowers to return against LSU Feb 1
- Auburn's Bowers brings energy, rebounds back to lineup Jan 21
- Pearl: Auburn guard Shamsid-Deen out for season Jan 15
- Auburn freshman guard Bryce Brown suspended for opener Nov 12
- Auburn Preview Capsule Oct 29
- Auburn's Pearl relying again on overhauled roster Oct 29
- Kentucky remains perfect with win over Auburn Mar 14
- No. 1 Kentucky takes on Auburn in SEC semis Mar 14